[Nfbf-l] You Need Not Be Present to Win!

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Mon May 18 02:11:27 UTC 2009

Craig and Listers,
    One thing i would like to point out is that the NFBF Constitution says
that officers and Board members are elected by a majority of the members
present and voting. there is no proxy votes. The Constitution, however, says
absolutely nothing requiring an individual to be present to be nominated and
elected. In fact, I know of several instances in which a Chapter - and even
a national division - elected an officer who was not present!
    The Constitution of the national Federation of the blind of Florida is
available at
http://www.nfbflorida.org/constitution/nfbf-constitution.htm

Fraternally,
Marion Gwizdala-Schoch