[Nfbf-l] question

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Mon May 18 11:43:27 UTC 2009

Rachel,
    The accessibility of this information, I believe, would be responsiility
of the network, not the affiliate station. The local station only
re-transmits the feed they receive.
    Now, if the member would want to write to the network to express their
opinions, it may be helpful for that person to do a little research on what
the NFB's efforts have been on this. In a nutshell - and from my
understanding - the Federation does not feel that mandating accessibility to
visual information should be made a matter of legislation. This is not to
say that the NFB is opposed to it. The belief is that we are consumers and
making such information accessible to us makes good business sense.
Therefore, the more people let the networks know that they would like this
information available, the more the networks will know how many people would
benefit from it and, therefore, how much it would benefit them.
    I hope this helps! Please feel free to write again, if you need any
further information. I look forward to seeing you and some of your members
again at our convention in Boca!

Fraternally,
marion Gwizdala