[Nfbf-l] the NFB day off

Gina Minichiello minichiellog at comcast.net
Tue May 19 23:41:36 UTC 2009

Hello everyone
Have you ever had meetings so jammed packed with business, and no matter how hard you try, there is just not enough time to get to the fun stuff?
Do you want your chapter to have time to really get to know one another?
The Greater Jacksonville Chapter has been dealing with this problem, and we have come up with a plan to show that the NFB is the place to be. We are going to start having "the NFB off."
The NFB day off is time scheduled outside of our regular meetings. No chapter money is spent and members can participate in as few or as many activities as they choose. Members will bring up activities that are taking place in the community, or just a day of lsisure and see who would like to participate. The ones were are starting with are: the day at the beach and lunch, a girls night out, and someone mentioned going to St. Augustine. The possibilites are endless; shopping, concerts, jazz festival, county fair, flea market trip, dinner, bowling, etc.
Our chapter is very excited about this so I thought I would share it with the affiliate.

Gina Minichiello, Board Member
Treasurer, Greater Jacksonville Chapter
minichiellog at comcast.net