[Nfbf-l] employee matching grants

Gina Minichiello minichiellog at comcast.net
Mon Sep 21 15:01:26 UTC 2009

Hello everyone
I'm sending out a reminder letting you know that money may be just waiting to be given away by your employer. Every year my employer, Aetna, matches my contributions to the affiliate 100% up to $10,000. Sorry, I just couldn't quite make that $10,000 pledge. I also found a volunteer grant from Aetna for $300 for 20 hours of volunteer service annually. I applied for that this morning and I'm very hopeful it will be accepted. Check with your employer and see if they have programs such as these. Ask your family and friends to do the same. If you find that the NFB is not on the list charitable organizations, ask if you can have the NFB added. Aetna can't be the only one doing this. Some of the larger companies like to reward volunteerism. Every little bit helps, so please take the time to do this. It's worth it.

Gina Minichiello
NFBF Board Member
NFBF Fundraising Committee Chairperson
Greater Jacksonville Chapter, Treasurer