[Nfbf-l] Research to begin!

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 00:15:39 UTC 2010

I found this  exciting to read for our seniors with MD! KH
Clinical Trial for Wet AMD Gene Therapy to Begin in December 2010
Oxford BioMedica has received FDA authorization to launch a clinical trial
of its RetinoStat® gene therapy for the treatment of wet age-related macular
degeneration. Eighteen people will be enrolled in the Phase I/II trial to be
conducted at The Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins.

Emerging Wet AMD Treatment May Require Fewer Injections
Two Phase III clinical studies have shown that injections of VEGF Trap every
eight weeks were as effective as injections of Lucentis® every four weeks in
the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration.

Kirk Harmon
President & CEO
Florida Disabled Citizens
for Progress