[Nfbf-l] urgent request for assistance

Kathy Roskos kroskos at cox.net
Thu Jul 1 23:35:35 UTC 2010

David,

You've got the scenario exactly right.  My appointment yesterday was like a
nightmare.  They admit that the file is incorrect, but still suspend
benefits until they "review" the case.  This supposed extra earnings
happened in 2008, and I just heard about it last month.  I went yesterday to
present my evidence and was told my benefits will cease immediately.  I
tried to present records showing my earnings and impairment related work
expenses, and the agent threw the papers back at me, saying "We already have
all that."  I tried to tell them that I am not currently working or earning
anything but Social Security, but he said, "The review will only take two
weeks and your mortgage payments are only due once a month, so at least you
won't lose your house."  Then he had the audacity to ask me, "Do you feel
better now?"  The loss of benefits is very scary, and the thought of no
income for many months is terrifying.  I am pursuing many different avenues,
but right now there seems like very little I can do.

Not only have they cut off benefits, but they say I owe them $27,600+.  You
are right about them causing a train wreck of your life.

It's nice to know that I have NFB to appeal to for support.

Kathy