[Nfbf-l] Bad plug

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 10 14:03:01 UTC 2010

Dear Joe and R.J.

Your message "delights" me and "electrifies" me all at the same time.
People are full of stupid assumptions about what we can and can't do and how
we should be.
If I listened to all of the people who told me "I can't."  I would have
missed out on allot of great things in my life.
Getting married, having kids, working at and exciting job in aerospace and
nuclear energy, sky diving, SCUBA diving, driving a car,and being a member
of the Olympic team in '68.
So many things I would have missed out on if I let other people's opinions
have too much sway over what I think and do.
You can not listen to those who always tell you that you can't.  You should
listen to those who encourage you to try to be more than you have been.
  Those who realize that you learn from your failures, but will pick
yourself up and try again.

My body is covered with scars from my failures, but each one is also a
symbol of my success too.  They remind me that the road to success is a
rocky one and sometimes you fall down and hurt yourself.  The important
thing is to pick yourself up one more time than you fall down.  That is how
you define success.
One of my coaches once told me that you don't quit till you are licked and
you are not licked till you quit.  Don't quit.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.