[Nfbf-l] intro and a convention question

Derek Roberts bigd.vi.guy at gmail.com
Thu May 13 17:35:15 UTC 2010

Hey RJ,

Yeah, I have skype, my name is Big.D01. I personally prefer sip
though, my sip address is sip:breakingbigd at ekiga.net. I don't like
skype because it is a proprietary program, and the linux version is
written in qt (a graphical toolkit that doesn't provide any
acessibility info), so to use it I have to open a python shell, attach
to skype and enter skype api commands, like:
python
import Skype4Py
skype=Skype4Py.Skype()
skype.Attach()
chat=skype.CreateChatWith("someone")
chat.SendMessage("Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi.")
chat.Messages[0].Body
And to even login to skype initially, you need sighted help with the
(yuck!) license agreement and api access control stuff. I know I could
write a program in python that would handle the api stuff for me, I
just haven't really been that motivated to do it lol.

Thanks.