[Nfbf-l] ETA travel gear, Luggage Locator

Holly hbeanie at gmail.com
Wed May 26 20:24:18 UTC 2010

I gave one to a friend who lives in an apartment. She is a new guide dog
user and when the dog is not in harness, he acts as though he doesn't have a
clue where he lives. Anyway, we put the doorbell receiver in the window at
the front of her apartment and once she has walked her dog, she can reorient
herself to the correct line of travel to get back to her apartment. She has
to cross a parking lot to get to the releif area.
This is something new and she is going to figure out the best placement for
her needs.

If I needed to travel by plane and required assistance to locate my luggage,
I would put a doorbell receiver inside it. I purchased one for $10.00. The
transmitter fits into a small cell phone case. It is great! I also use two
at home, one at either of the front doors. They are great until the
batteries get low, then they play and play. This happened to me at 2:12 AM.
Let me tell you, I didn't know what was going on. I called the police. What
a night!

Holly

--
"God gives you 86,400 seconds in a day. Take one to say Thank You."
Walter A. Ward