[Nfbf-l] Fwd: Ban American Airlines!!

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 15:05:25 UTC 2010

I agree with you completely! KH
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sherrill O'Brien" <sherrill.obrien at verizon.net>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Nfbf-l] Fwd: Ban American Airlines!!

Hello all,

The confused and uninformed flight attendant in this case has behaved in the
same manner as those who insist that a guide dog handler must sit in the
bulkhead because it's airline policy.  And it could not be further from the
truth.  Having the right of refusal, we have the right to determine where we
will sit.  Some folks prefer sitting there, while others do not.  And the
configuration of the plane varies so much that in one bulkhead area you
might have lots of room, while in another you and your dog are crowded.  Not
to mention the fact that if there is turbulance, there is nothing to keep
the dog from being tossed about and being injured.  I almost always carry my
collapsed telescoping cane with me, and no flight attendant has given me any
trouble.  Employees need frequent training, as there is lots of turnover.
We always need to speak out when we are not treated fairly, and being calm,
curteous and firm usually does the trick.  But we shouldn't ever shrink from
filing a complaint if we feel it's absolutely necessary.  Being a liberal or
conservative has nothing to do with these situations, and doesn't deserve
further discussion.  JMHO

Sherrill