[Nfbf-l] Fast food guide dog ; was "Amtrak"

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 12 21:49:22 UTC 2010

Though we all know that there will be times when a law suit is necessary I
honestly do not believe this is one of those such times.  We want to educate
people as opposed to punish them.  I won't deny that the dog should not have
been fed, but so far as we know no harm was done.  If someone reaches out
and pets a guide dog when they aren't supposed to should they be sued?  I
hardly think so.

On a completely different point I thought that if an attorney took a case
like this that it didn't require a retainer.  The attorney usually takes the
case believing they can win and then if that happens they get a percentage
and if they lose they get nothing.  That is what I have heard anyway.

Jim