[Nfbf-l] Update on Hernando / East Hillsboough Chapter

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 02:51:55 UTC 2010

Fellow NFBF Members,

I thing it best to let everyone know that David Wermuth has resigned as
president of the Hernando / East Pasco Chapter.

One of Mr. Wermuth's claims and complaints is that he has been harassed by
the chapter's former president David Bearden. After investigation this claim
as much as I am able to do so, I believe that this claim to be groundless.
Another claim made by Mr. Wermuth is that NFBF officials have tried to
inhibit his business. I do not believe this to be the case, either.

I do not mention these claims to in any way harm anybody's reputation or
David Wermuth's business. Nor do I wish to generate a lengthy and
speculative discussion on the NFBF e-mail lists. I am just writing to share
my view of the situation. Further, I wish David Wermuth well in his business

The Hernando / East Pasco Chapter has been a large chapter, with many
energetic and dedicated NFBF members. In the months ahead, the NFBF Board of
Directors will be working on revitalizing this chapter. The area of the
state is too large and there are too many blind people who already know
about the NFB and our mission, to let it go without a strong and growing
chapter.

Thank you all.

Dan Hicks, President

"New ideas pass through three periods: (1) It can't be done. (2) It probably
can be done, but it's not worth doing. (3) I knew it was a good idea all
along!"
                      - Arthur C. Clarke