[Nfbf-l] National convention information from NFB website

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:36:07 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I had to send this info to a Newsline customer, so figured I would include
it here.

If you are planning on attending our National Convention in Orlando, please
register soon and especially book your rooms. They have already gone to an
overflow Rosen hotel as far as I know, but will have a free shuttle that
will
travel back and forth between the two hotels. The overflow hotel is on
International Drive, which is pretty good since there are so many other
business establishments there. Here's the info from the website.

National Convention 2011

When:
Sunday, July 3-Friday, July 8, 2011

Where:
Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
9939 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32819-9357
Reservations: Call (866) 996-6338 only, to make reservations as soon as
possible.

Preregistration:
Preregistration is now open. Visit www.nfb.org/registration to register now
and get the preregistration rates.

When purchased online by May 31st, the preregistration fee for convention is
$15 ($20 on-site) and the cost of a banquet ticket is $50 ($60 on-site).

Hotel Rates and Information:
The 2011 room rates are singles, doubles, and twins, $63; and triples and
quads, $67. In addition to the room rates there will be a tax, which at
present is 12.5 percent. No charge will be made for children under seventeen
in the room with parents as long as no extra bed is requested. The hotel is
accepting reservations now. A $75-per-room deposit is required to make a
reservation. Fifty percent of the deposit will be refunded if notice is
given to the hotel of a reservation cancellation before June 1, 2011. The
other 50 percent is not refundable.

Rooms will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations
may be made before June 1, 2011, assuming that rooms are still available.
After that time the hotel will not hold our room block for the convention.
In other words, you should get your reservation in soon.

Guestroom amenities include thirty-two-inch flat screen television with
NXTV; two telephones; laptop safe; coffee maker; hairdryer; and, for a fee,
high-speed Internet access. The Rosen Shingle Creek Resort has a number of
restaurant options, including two award-winning restaurants, and
twenty-four-hour-a-day room service. It has first-rate amenities and shuttle
service to the Orlando airport.

Watch the Braille Monitor for more information as it becomes available.

Schedule:
The schedule for the 2011 convention will follow that of last year:

Sunday, July 3               Seminar Day
Monday, July 4              Registration Day
Tuesday, July 5             Board Meeting and Division Day
Wednesday, July 6         Opening Session
Thursday, July 7            Business Session
Friday, July 8                Banquet Day and Adjournment

Sponsor and Exhibitor Information:
To learn more about becoming a sponsor of the 2011 NFB National Convention,
please visit our 2011 Sponsors Web page.

To learn more about becoming an exhibitor at the 2011 NFB National
Convention, please visit our 2011 Exhibitors Web page.

First Timer's Guide to the NFB National Convention:
View our beginner's guide to the NFB National Convention, intended to give
the first-time convention attendee some important information about national
conventions of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB).

  a.. First Timer's Guide to the National Convention
  b.. First-Timer's Guide to the National Convention (Audio)
More Information:
Additional information as to meetings, schedule, hotel, etc., may be
obtained as it becomes available by contacting the National Federation of
the Blind at 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, Maryland
21230, telephone (410) 659-9314.

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world. Integrity is
what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one is paying
attention.
Sherri Brun
flmom2006 at gmail.com