[Nfbf-l] question

Matt Roberts blindbikernfb at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 30 00:50:20 UTC 2011

You don't need sighted help to enable speech.  The phone uses numbers to activate all menu functions.
The menu key is the top left key on the phone.  You can also press the key in the middle of the four-way arrow keys.  The arrow keys all have dots on them.
The key sequence to turn on full-readout is Menu 6 1 5 6 up arrow OK and End.  When you turn on the speech you will hear a message telling you all readouts have been enabled.  I own one of these phones, and will help anyone with questions.
The phone will read some text mesages, but not all.  The way to get around this is to forward the message to your e-mail.
--
Matt Roberts