[Nfbf-l] Fw: A sudden and sad loss

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 04:11:20 UTC 2011

Hello chapter members and friends,

I don't know if you have seen this message. I cannot seem to find the one
Holly distributed to the chapter, so if it's gone out twice, I apologize for
the repeat. Thanks to Gerry for forwarding this message on to me.

I regret to inform all of you of the sudden and sad loss of our friend and
chapter member Gabriel ?Valentin. He recently underwent bypass surgery and
even came back to some chapter events and seemed to be doing fine. Gabriel
died December 7. He has been a member of our chapter for several years and
also served for a time on our chapter board. He loved attending state
conventions and was a very active participant in our auctions run by Dwight
Sayer. Before coming to Orlando, he was a member of the Federation in other
states to include Texas I believe. He always called me when he wanted
chapter information and I was surprised when he called me to tell me he had
undergone bypass surgery. My sincere condolences go out to his son Juan and
to his family. They are all active members of our chapter. Please Juan, keep
us posted as to arrangements and please let us know if there is anything we
can do for you and yours in this time of sadness and loss. Gabriel will be
very much missed.

Please see the messages below. The subject line is "raffle tickets".

Sherri Brun