[Nfbf-l] Twas A Florida Christmas

REPCODDS at aol.com REPCODDS at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 18:18:09 UTC 2011

____________________________________
 From: misteradvocate at mvtransit.com
To: repcodds at aol.com
Sent: 12/24/2011  1:15:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Twas A Florida Christmas

Twas a Florida  Christmas

T'was the  night before Christmas and all through the town,
no noses were frozen, no  snow fluttered down,
no children in flannels were tucked into bed,
they  all wore shorty pajamas instead.
To find  wreaths of holly, t'was not very hard,
for holly trees grew in every back  yard.
In front of the houses, Dads and Moms were
adorning the bushes and  coconut palms.
The sleeping  kiddies were dreaming in glee,
hoping to find water skis under the  tree.
They all knew that Santa was well on his way,
in a Mercedes-Benz,  instead of a sleigh.
And soon he  arrived and started to work,
he hadn't a second to linger or shirk.
He  whizzed up the highways and zoomed up the road,
in a S-L 300, delivering  his loads.
The tropical  moon gave the city a glow,
and lighted the way for old Santa below.
As  he jumped from the auto he gave a wee chuckle,
he was dressed in Bermudas  with an Ivy league buckle,
There weren't  any chimneys, but that caused no gloom,
for Santa came in through the  Florida room.
He stopped at each house....stayed only a minute,
emptying  his sack of stuff that was in it.
Before he  departed, he treated himself
to a glass of papaya juice upon the  shelf.
He turned with a jerk and bounced to the car,
remembering he  still had to go very far.
He shifted the  gears and stepped on the gas
and up Highway 436 he went like a  flash.
And I heard him exclaim as he went on his way,
"MERRY CHRISTMAS  Y'ALL, I WISH I COULD STAY!"

Merry  Christmas
>From the  entire
Sayer  Family
Dwight, Patty,  Austin, Amanda and  Pearl
=