[Nfbf-l] NFBF 2011 State Convention

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Feb 26 18:18:49 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I wanted to begin providing information about our upcoming NFBF 2011 state
convention so that everyone could have the information they need for making
reservations and also give a few highlights which we will expand on later.

The convention will be held at the Saint Petersburg Hilton Bayfront hotel
located in the heart of beautiful downtown Saint Petersburg.  There are
plenty of places nearby for shopping of all kinds including restaurants,
coffee shops and a Publix market within easy walking distance.  Here is the
address for the hotel.

Saint Petersburg Hilton Bayfront Hotel

333 1st Street South

The phone number you should use for your reservations is 1-800-445- 8667.
Please be sure to tell them that you are making reservations for the NFBF
state convention.  I will also provide the direct phone number for the hotel
which is 1-727-894-5000.  The room rate is $80 per night plus the usual
taxes.  If there are questions or problems please feel free to let us know.
We will do all we can to help.  We encourage you to make your reservations
as quickly as possible as often rooms do go quickly.

Many of you may remember we hosted the 2003 state convention here in the
very same hotel.  The hotel layout is very easy to navigate.  There is of
course a restaurant in the hotel and a coffee shop as well.  Outside the
hotel there are numerous restaurants within walking distance ranging from
fast food to various types of cuisine.  I'll try to provide more details
about this in later posts very soon.  There are also nearby drugstores and
as I mentioned above a Publix market just a baseball's throw from the hotel.
Did I mention baseball?  Well, for those of you who like baseball the famous
Tampa Bay Rays will be in town that weekend.  We of course encourage you to
attend functions at the convention such as general sessions etc, you might
like to stay an extra day or two to watch the Rays take on the Rangers on
May 30 and 31 which are both scheduled to be evening games.  You can check
out the rest of the Rays schedule at www.raysbaseball.com.  Tropicana field
is a very short cab ride away from the hotel.

We really need auction items so dig around in your closets, garages and
under the bed for items you no longer need that are in good condition that
someone else might like to bid on.  Items sold at the auction help to fund
the convention so this is very important.  Let's all bring something for
auction.

Of course door prizes are always great.  Who doesn't like door prizes?
These can include everything from cash, certificates for restaurants, or
other useful items.

We will be posting more on the convention very soon so stay tuned.

Thank you,

Jim Ellsworth