[Nfbf-l] Exciting news about Kindle

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 02:28:44 UTC 2011

Hi Kirk and all,

I have installed the new version of the Kindle Reader that is accessible and
it seems to read perfect with JAWS.  That means the menus.  As yet I do not
have any books so I can't say how well it works in the list of books.

As for actually listening to the books you have to use the speech that comes
as part of the Kindle Reader which is the Microsoft SAPI voice that you hear
with Narrator in Windows Vista and Windows 7.  I had a chance today to hear
it and as long as you don't speed it up to much it, well, I guess sounds
okay.  I only heard the female voice and there is a male voice as well.  If
I had to wish for anything it would be a higher quality voice and there is
no way to add one.

Thanks,
Jim