[Nfbf-l] Irs assistance for the disabled

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 18:26:05 UTC 2011

Hello friends, I thought I would pass this information  along to you to see
if you could do the same. I am sure that most of you are already familiar
with this information, but for those that are not, perhaps it will be of
assistance to you in the future! Your friend in the cause, Kirk Harmon

Hundreds of the most popular federal tax forms and publications are
available for download from IRS.gov for sight impaired individuals. These
products range from talking tax forms to Braille formats, and are accessible
using screen reading software, refreshable Braille displays and voice
recognition software. Click on the links below to download these forms and
publications:

Download Accessible Tax Forms (Braille and Text Formats)

Download Accessible Tax Publications (Braille and Text Formats)

Download Accessible Talking Tax Forms

Download Tax Instructions (Large Print Format)

Download Tax Publications (Large Print Format)

More Help is Available

The IRS also offers customer service assistance for persons who are deaf or
who have hearing disabilities. People with TTY equipment may call
800-829-4059, which is a toll-free number, for assistance.

People who are unable to complete their tax return because of a physical
disability may get assistance from an IRS office, or through the Volunteer
Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) sponsored by IRS. Taxpayers can find a
nearby location by calling 1-800-906-9887.

Publication 907, Tax Highlights for Persons with Disabilities, explains the
tax implications of certain disability benefits and other issues, and is
available at IRS.gov.

Visit www.IRS.gov and click on the word "accessibility" for help and
information.

Kirk Harmon