[Nfbf-l] 2011 NFBF State Convention

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 02:43:09 UTC 2011

Fellow Florida Federation Friends,

The 2011 Convention of the National Federation of the Blind is now part of
our history.

I want to give a hearty thanks to all who helped plan it, everyone who
helped make it happen, and to all of you who attended. Thanks to the
Pinellas Chapter and the NFBF Events Committee for working so hard to make
this convention memorable.

Congratulations to all of our new NFBF Board Members. Our first Board
Meeting will be this coming Sunday evening, so everyone will a change to hit
the ground running.

A heart-felt thank you to all of our former board members. You were all hard
workers and friends and we will miss working with you on the board. We will
be calling on you in the future to help with the work of the affiliate, but,
you all get this coming Sunday evening off.

I thank you all for re-electing me as your president. It means a lot to me
that I have been able to earn your support for another term.

Let's keep the enthusiasm and Federation spirit going strong. We have
another, even larger, convention to make happen in a little over a month!

I look forward to seeing all of you in Orlando!

Dan Hicks, President

NFB of Florida

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.

Not to dare is to lose oneself."
                 - Soren Kierkegaard