[Nfbf-l] Letter from Senator Nelson

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 20:28:00 UTC 2011

This letter from Florida Senator Bill Nelson came too late to read at our
NFBF State Convention. However I wanted to share it with all of you. The
letter itself is attached as a .PDF file, so the list may strip the
attachment. But, below is the text of the letter.

Dan

--------------------------------

United States Senate

WASHINGTON, DC 20510-0005

BILL NELSON FLORIDA

May 28, 2011

Mr. Dan Hicks President

504 South Armenia Avenue, No. 1319-B

Tampa, Florida 33609

Dear Friends:

Welcome to Saint Petersburg! As you gather for the National Federation of
the Blind of Florida's 2011 State Convention, I thank you for your
commitment to supporting those affected by vision loss.

Although I am unable to attend, 1 want to applaud your advocacy efforts to
encourage integration and equal opportunity and commend you lbr inspiring
independence and self-confidence in those who are blind.

Best wishes for a wonderful conference and much future success.

Sincerely,

(Signed)

Bill Nelson

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.

Not to dare is to lose oneself."
                 - Soren Kierkegaard