[Nfbf-l] JAW's 12

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:57:36 UTC 2011

Hello all, I am passing this along to any of our Veterans out there or
anyone else in our membership that might relate to this issue. KH
Attentions all blinded veterans that have enjoyed the clarity of Deck talk
access 32 voice synthesizer, those days are now over if
you are planning to advance to Jaws version 12 voice synthesizer.

The JAWS version 12 is more or les required to deal with the ribbon file
menus In Microsoft Windows 7.

I downloaded JAWS version 12 and was told by Freedom Scientific, that
version 12 does not supports Deck talk Access 32 voice
synthesizer.  This is most unfortunate for those that have incurred a loss
of hearing while serving in the military.

There are alternative solutions to this dilemma, and I shall be looking into
those alternatives.

Just to site one example of what I am talking about, for those using
Eloquence synthesizer, note the word alternatives, sounds
singular, but it is not.

Terry King
Immediately past President
BVA/FRG

Kirk Harmon
President & CEO
Florida Disabled Citizens
for Progress
P.O.Box 61794
Jacksonville, FL 32236
Call  our Toll  Free number: 1-888-955-fdcp
PH(904) 783-9896
Cell: (407) 473-2176
DAV/BVA
Life Member
FCB/NFB member

Please check out our website: www.fdcp.org and  link on to our "How you can
Help" Every little bit You can help will help many!  We at the FDCP,Inc.
Thank You!"

TURNING HOPE INTO REALITY"