[Nfbf-l] Sight is Required

Matt Roberts blindbiker at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 19:13:43 UTC 2011

I have been doing a lot of soul searching.  Sadly I have come up with a realization that will be foreign to most of you, but feel I should share it anyway.
We can create all the artificial things we want to allow us to be like everyone else, but it won't do it.  Most things I ike to do require sight, and there is no getting around it! The only way to be able to fully enjoy my life is if I get full vision, or enough to allow me to not appear blind.  Blindness is the most feared thing most people "see" and nothing we can do will change that!
Instead of worrying about a small aspect of society such as driving, we need to focus on seeing.
That's my goal, to see! We will see ways eye conditions can be reversed.  It may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen.  When mine is reversed, I'll be able to enjoy all the things which are closed off to me right now.  I don't choose to live my life as a blind person.  Why? All blind people do is sit home and live on the phone and computer or watch TV all day.  Very few of us are working, and are relying on the government to support us.  That's not the kind of life I choose to live!
Before you tell me I'm not fully adjusted to my disability, I'd ask you are you fully adjusted? You never fully adjust to not being able to do things you once did or want to do.  Anyone who tells you they are fully adjusted to being blind is not telling the truth.
I can't predict exactly when , but in a few years, when eye conditions are being reversed, I hope you'll take advantage it this.  A few cases of blindness have been reversed.  It can openly get better!

Matt Roberts blindbiker at yahoo.com