[Nfbf-l] Sight is Required

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Sun Jun 26 20:54:19 UTC 2011

Hello Matt,

All blind people do is sit around the house watching TV and sitting at the
computer?  It sounds like you have your mind made up that vision equals
success in life.  speaking of watching TV, did you happen to watch the new
reality TV show on ABC on Thursday night?  Teams of competitors are on a
rugged cross dessert and mountain journey to see who can come in first.  One
of the team members is totally blind.  He is not only a very successful
outdoorsman but he has climbed every mountain in the world including Mt.
Everest.  His name is Erik Weihenmeyer.  Maybe you should read his book
TOUCH THE TOP OF THE WORLD.

Have you gone to a state NFB convention and met some of the blind people
there?  Obviously not or you would not have come to the conclusion you came
to.   I sure hope you are going to the national convention.  Sit in on the
sports division, the lawyers division, the teachers division, the
entrepreneur's division and on and on if you want to see what real blind
people do.

Personally, I am a grandmother,  martial arts instructor, Western horseback
rider, and dog trainer. and I enjoy finishing furniture, gardening, building
clocks and other cool things.  Do I watch TV and sit at the computer, sure
when I have time but mostly I am too busy.

I think you need a reality check.  I would welcome a cure of blindness but I
am just too busy to really dwell on it.  I say in all sincerity GET A LIFE!

jody