[Nfbf-l] Mind Sight

Judith Hamilton jrhamilton51 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 23 20:19:03 UTC 2011

Dear NFBF Listers & NFBF Parents In the Gainesville and Surrounding Area(s):

I wanted to share an upcoming event opportunity initiated by the Gator Campus Lions and hosted by the Harn Museum on the University of Florida campus.

“MIND SIGHT”
A Unique Artistic Experience

When:  Saturday, March 26, 2011

Time:  11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Where:  Harn Museum located on the corner of S.W. 34th Street and Hull Road on the UF campus.  The Harn is located next to the Florida Museum of Natural History and the Butterfly Rain Forest.

MindSight is an initiative of the Florida Gator Lions Club hosted annually at the Harn Museum. The goal of this event is to provide the opportunity for people to experience art through senses other than that of sight. Local artists and UF students provide works of art that can be examined through touch, with verbal descriptions given by student guides and the artists themselves. We invite both sighted and persons with limited or no sight to participate in this unique experience.

This event is free and open to the public.