[Nfbf-l] Newsline Committee

Judith Hamilton jrhamilton51 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 1 02:19:46 UTC 2012

Hi Sherri,

It took me a while to wade through the many messages that I have gotten
over the last week or so.

I am reasonably sure that Al Zubillaga still is very interested in the
Newsline committee, especially when it comes to reaching out to the
Hispanic community, who are not versed in the English language.  While I
was reading all the opinions and comments regarding NEWSLINE®, I wondered,
Sherri, if the committee might want to discuss the possibility of reaching
out to our community the same way Sherrill O'Brien and others in NFB have
done with the Free White Cane Program.  When you guys get the list of new
sign ups to do the welcome letter, why not have a question on the
application if they would like to be contacted by a Division or Chapter
President in their area.  That person could also welcome them to NFB
NEWSLINE® and let them know about the chapter and the Florida Channel.  The
subscriber can take or leave the information.  Many announcements on the
Florida channel benefit both consumer groups.  Is there a privacy statement
on the application?  In addition, Al did a demo tape during our Meet the
Blind program a couple years ago.  Demonstrations might be something the
committee might want to suggest to the state board.  Division/Chapter
Presidents could offer demonstrations to groups they are a part of.
Community organizations have speakers bureaus.  They are always looking for
someone to do a program.  Just suggestions.  Judy

Orlando