[Nfbf-l] Joyce Hildreth Resigns

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 03:11:49 UTC 2012

Florida Division of Blind Services Director Joyce Hildreth has resigned.

This seems to have come in the wake of criticisms of DBS by employees and
others who are unhappy with their level of compensation and, perhaps, other
things.

Here is a link to a news story which appeared on a local Tallahassee
television station:

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/Blind-Services-Survey-Raises-Issues-182574
731.html

Now, we will wait to see what happens with our primary blindness services
provider.

I don't see all of this as very positive.

While I think there were problems with DBS, most of the complaints that have
come my way have been from former employees and from persons who just seem
to do a lot of complaining in general. I am not saying that all criticisms
have not been valid, but I think the charge to clean house at DBS has come
from those who would like to see the organization either done away with or
rolled up into another organization, which would ultimately be detrimental
to the blind of Florida who need the serviced provided by DBS.

To those who have been complaining the loudest and who might right now be
celebrating the departure of Joyce and others, I can only caution, be
careful what you wish for.

We shall see.

Dan Hicks, President

NFB of Florida

"It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars."

                                                     -Garrison Keillor