[Nfbf-l] For those of us who truly care!

petercerullo at aol.com petercerullo at aol.com
Mon Dec 24 22:35:04 UTC 2012

A reminder to my Federation Family that Christmas is the miracle of
hope. It is a celebration like none-other, where the focus should be on
the “Reason for this Season!”

Although, I have been monitoring the list serve on issues surrounding
the latest happenings going on at Florida’s Division Blind Services, I
will not dignify by answering the comments made by those of the Florida
affiliate who trivialize the huge nature of employee discrepancies and
alleged improprieties that led to the resignation of the administrator
and the dismissal of many others that were part of that regime’s
echelon.   I am a proud member of the NFB and take my leadership role
of the Greater Daytona Beach Chapter seriously, I encourage the chapter
members to take a pro active role in their community and to always be
respectful to those who live in ignorance on what blind society endures
in their struggle to reach and maintain an independent life. As a
community leader I feel that it is important “to know the way, show the
way and go the way!”

  I have been employed at the Division Blind Services for 10 years and
believe more now than ever, on how paramount it is to uphold the
highest standards in ethical practice of the vision and mission purpose
established by the Division.  The bottom line is that we must ensure
the clients that this agency serve, the full value and sincere efforts
to meet their needs in the pursuit of finding employment and an
independent life.

“May the miracle of Christmas fill your heart with hope and peace.”
Peter Cerullo / President
NFB/Greater Daytona Beach Chapter
386 265-2527