[Nfbf-l] guide dog legalities?

john schwery jschwery at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:28:36 UTC 2012

We know someone who has a guide dog and I think
this person got it from Southeastern Guide
Dogs.  There is a possibility that he might pass
on.  I think he has had the dog for 5 years or so
and the dog has been badly neglected so he
doesn't work well.  He has mostly been a pet and
not a working dog.  If this person passes on,
what should be done with the dog?  Does the
school need to be contacted or can a relative
just keep the dog?  Thanks for any help.

John
Currently in Ocala, Florida Clear, 28°F Wind:Calm
When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
Created by Weather Signature v1.4 • http://www.weathersig.com