[Nfbf-l] Fw: [fcb-l] Fw: [tabi] Re: Fw: comperhensive report of IG's report onDBS attached

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:12:48 UTC 2012

What do you guys think? RJ
----- Original Message -----
From: Easy Talk
To: fcb-l at acb.org
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:27 AM
Subject: [fcb-l] Fw: [tabi] Re: Fw: comperhensive report of IG's report onDBS attached

----- Original Message -----
From: wendy.hoss at comcast.net
To: tabi at freelists.org
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:10 AM

Good Morning all,

I have been thinking about this report and the more I think about it the more angry I become.  I am angry that she and her cronies continue to sit there and get away with this.  If a CEO of a company embezzled money like this he/she would be in jail right now.  If a company engaged in practices such harassment and intimidation to create a hostile work environment, they would be siting in civil court with a big fat law suit.  But there she and her crew sit free as a bird, free to embezzle more tax payer dollars, free to harass and destroy the lives of people who dedicated their careers to helping people with blindness. We can not stand back and watch this happen or wait for someone else to do our job.  It is our job to stand up for ourselves, to say we are not going to take it anymore. If people with disabilities had stood by in the 60s and 70s waiting on someone else to stand up we would have no rights today, there would no ADA.  They did not wait, they fought and so we have our civil rights.  Now it is our turn, the agency that is there to serve us is being robbed and usurped by the CRPs, she is just their agent.  Good people, your friends in some cases, are being harassed and intimidated daily because they have been labeled as a problem.  I do not say this purely from reading that report, I lived it.  I refused to sit in my office at DBS and say nothing about what I saw going on around me, I reported very similiar matters to the IG 2 years ago and nothing happened.  Nothing happened because only one other person chose to stand with me.  I also reported what I knew to the FCB president and people with offices in NFB, neither group spoke up.  Due to my refusal to be quiet, my refusal to ignore the fact that the CRPs were being paid for work they were not doing, my refusal to be silent on the issue of the lack of monitoring I had to pay a high cost, my career and my future and all the years wasted on getting an education I will never be able to use again.  I too was harassed and intimidated until I could not take it anymore and I had to leave.  And beyond that now, no matter how hard I try I can't get another job in my field.  I gave up everything to stand and fight against what is happening, to fight against the embezzlement of tax payer dollars, against the abuse of DBS employees, to stop the flow of money away from the districts and away from direct services.  If you are tired of your counselor never being able to get for you what you need to succeed, if you are tired of not having a choice about who is going to provide training to you, if you are tired of being a DBS employee who is trampled on daily and made to fell worthless because you don't work at your local CRP then stand and fight with me.  It is time to make our voices heard.  I call for FCB and NFB to make a strong statement in this matter, I call on you to write to your elected officials, to contact the news media, and if all that doesn't work I say we protest, we need to act like those fighting for civil rights and bring out the protest signs and have a rally at the Turlington building. Pass this message on to your friends around the state, let's get fired up and take out the trash at DBS!