[Nfbf-l] Be part of the World!

Mark Tardif markspark at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 24 21:28:21 UTC 2012

Hello, Jody,

Then it sounds like there may be ways around the expense issue, so I stand
corrected.  However, people need to be more aware of these options and I
still have a hard time with our saying it's that person's choice.  There may
be plenty of good reasons why a person may not have a computer, for example,
if you are a technophobe, like I am.  I suppose this is that person's
choice, but there's something to be said for a little rebellion here.  I
think to be forced to buy a computer when you don't feel comfortable with
the idea for whatever reasons, well, I have a problem with that, more on the
emotional than on the rational level, admittedly, but it took me forever to
recognize the value of the Internet.  Why not just make a phone call, was my
mantra.  Anyway, I still have a problem with the idea that people without
computers and who for whatever reasons won't buy one should be deprived of
information sources such as Newsline on the phone.  Just my humble opinion.

Mark Tardif
Welcome to my planet