[Nfbf-l] FW: Dan re BLIND MATTERS SHOW on WEUS BIG810AM ORLANDO

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 16:46:26 UTC 2012

I have been in touch with Michael Golder. He wishes to publicize his radio
program, "Blind Matters." The show begins its weekly airing on Saturday,
April 7, at 3:00 PM. I am pasting Mike's letter to me, below. I think we
should tune in and share our opinions. This could be a great way to promote
our upcoming convention.

Dan

"It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars."

                                                     -Garrison Keillor

BIG810_logo.jpg

March 29, 2012

WEUS BIG810AM RADIO SHOW: BLIND MATTERS

Dear Dan:

As per our conversation, beginning on Saturday, April 7th, 2012, WEUS The
Big 810am, Orlando, will be airing  a weekly program, Blind Matters, with a
target audience of the vision impaired in the Orlando market.  This show is
said to be the first of  its kind in the State of Florida as per the
Division of the Blind, State of Florida.  The format for this show will all
talk, informative  and fun where the listeners will participate  during the
hour.  The show will start off with a one hour program with a projection of
extending to a two hour show within a couple of weeks.  Lighthouse Central
Florida released thousands of "tweets" and mailers were sent out in Braille
to the local community.  The National Association of Blind Veterans,
Division of the Blind/State of Florida and many other organizations are
spreading the word about our show.

Tune in to www.big810am.com on Saturday, April 7th at 3pm. and click on
Listen Live. You can also download the app on our website and stream it live
on your phone.  The show will air each Saturday at 3pm.  By the third week
we should be airing for two hours per show.  The call in number to speak
live on the show is 407-774-0810.

I hope that you help us spread the word through the NFB of Florida.

Thank you, Dan.

Regards.

Michael Golder

407-416-6018