[Nfbf-l] Fw: USA Paralympics 2016

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:32:47 UTC 2012

Hello all,

This gentleman spoke at a meeting I attended recently and hopefully will
attend our next NFB Greater Orlando chapter meeting. This sounds like a
great opportunity for the athletically inclined.

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:09 AM
Subject: USA Paralympics 2016

My name is Jack Finucan and I am assisting Hector Torres, the USA Triathlon
Florida Chair for the Paratriathlon Program, in locating blind people who
want to participate in a triathlon.  A triathalon is a 3-part competition
consisting of a swim, a bike, and a run.  Distances of each discipline vary
from very short to very long, depending on the event.

While many people with physical handicaps have competed in the past, few
blind people have because of the need for a triathlete guide/tandem cyclist.
We hope to indentify potential candidates and match them with properly
equipped guides.  We are especially excited as triathlon has been added for
the first time to the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio de Janiero.  Currently
there are USA National and World Championships in paratriathlon.  However,
regardless of the athletic level of the person, we will gladly help anyone,
young or old, interested in becoming a paratriathlete.  Also, while we are
looking for only Florida candidates, if anyone outside Florida is
interested, please have them contact me and I can refer them to the
Paratriathlon Chair for their region.  My email is jolfinucan at yahoo.com.

Jack Finucan
www.100triathlons.com