[Nfbf-l] Anyone good at Math?

Kathy Roskos kroskos at cox.net
Mon Oct 22 13:37:30 UTC 2012

I know this is out of the normal topics on this list, but I don't know where else to try.  I am taking a statistics class and am totally, hopelessly mathematically challenged.  I know there are smart people on this list, so I figured I would reach out for help.

I am trying to multiply a negative number by a positive number.  I am trying to find the solution to negative 3.9 times positive 2.  depending on how I enter it into my dinosaur of a calculator, the answer comes out different.  I have come up with either negative 7.8 or negative 1.9. Don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is driving me crazy, and it is vital to this assignment that I get the calculations right.

Can anyone PLEASE help?

Kathy