[Nfbf-l] Good morning all, Cheryl Echevarria, I will be your travel agent for the fundraiser cruise

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:39:57 UTC 2012

Good morning all:
As you know by now, that the NFB of Florida is having it's 2014 State Convention on the Norwegian Sky Sailing Feb 7-10, 2014, a 3 day cruise from Miami Florida.
Vice President Dwight Sayer and I will be your go to people.
Aside from that, I have held rooms for your friends and family, other members of the NFB not part of FL, etc. I will send separate e-mail on this, not to confuse you all, but it was asked about this since we may have others who would like to cruise with us.  That part will go through me only, so again, the Convention will go through Dwight and myself.  The friends and family will go through me only.
So read below some information and any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

To help with general information on the cruise, please e-mail both of us, or ask here on the list, I will be answering any questions you have, so that way you can answer your friends and family as well.
All booking is done through me.
I will be posting shortly prices, due dates, etc.
I will also be asking you when you book, about your specific needs for your cruise.
Like are you blind, are you bringing your guide dog, do you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, oxygen, do you have allergies or special diets.
I will be also on the ship with you with any issues or questions, I plan on getting a couple of walkie talkies, so any of you techies out there, please let me know who you are so I can get accessible ones for us.
I am stressing the above mentioned that if you have issues on board you bring it to my attention, I will be meeting with the officers of the ship prior via teleconference, during the cruise with the heads of all departments, and after as well. I want this to go smoothly for everyone.
Booking is now available.
Prices are based on double occupancy, that is 2 people in the rooms. If you need 3 or more in your rooms the prices are not guaranteed until booked.
The same goes with the Accessible Staterooms there are a few in each category, but not held until booked.
What is considered an accessible stateroom.  Those people who need roll in showers, you need the extra room for the wheelchair, other rooms can handle wheelchairs and scooters, these are for people who cannot get out of the wheelchairs, or need the extra space for other needs.
Guide dog users to which I am a member and take maxx all the time, accessible rooms are for people above, and not for extra room for the doggies.  Relief areas similar to those at convention will be taken care of as well.  You must bring your own food, toys, etc. with you as well.
Also, if you are a person who wants a different room, instead of Interior, Ocean, or Balcony and your wish a suite (that is a different pricing as well), but that will be able to be put into the room.
When I think of it, I will post something on the list and to Dwight so that way from experience you know what to expect.
Pricing will be going to Dwight Sayer, and on the list.
So when you get something from us, please read it.
Have a great day!
And I look forward to working with each and everyone one of you.
Your sister in the NFB
Cheryl Echevarria - PresidentNFB Travel and Tourism Division

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Please vote for Echevarria Travel for Best Travel Agency of Long Island 2013, I have made it to the top 10.  You do not have to live on Long Island to vote, you can vote every day until December 12, 2012. Just lick the link and go to vote and search Travel Agent/Agency.Here is the link:  http://vote.longislandpress.com/engine/YourSubmission.aspx?contestid=71122