[Nfbf-l] Recent Florida Rehabilitation Council for the Blind Appointments

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 10:05:00 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

With recent appointments and re-appointments, NFBF and the Blind Community in
Florida will be very well represented with the Florida Rehabilitation Council for the
Blind. Congrats to Dwight Sayer for his appointment and Joe Minichiello for his re-
appointment! We now have four representatives on the council. Gloria Mills Hicks,
Dwight Sayer, Joe Minichiello, and myself, Lenora Marten.

I received a call Monday morning from the Governor's Office of Appointments and have been
appointed to a 3 year term representing Parent Training. I am very optimistic concerning this
position and thankful for the opportunity to voice the concerns of parents and blind children
in Florida. Our meeting in Daytona will be my first full meeting with the council.

Below, you will find the council meeting details for Daytona. The public forum will be
tomorrow, Thursday, October 25 at 4pm. If you are close to the area and can make
it, please try to attend.

Rehabilitation Council Meeting
The Florida Rehabilitation Council for the Blind announces  the following meetings:
DATE AND TIME:
October 25,  2012 from   8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
  October 26,  2012 from  8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
LOCATION:
Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
  100 North Atlantic Avenue
  Daytona Beach, FL  32118
PURPOSE:
  Quarterly business meeting of the Florida Rehab Council for the Blind.
  Rehabilitation Council Public  Forum

The Florida Rehabilitation Council for the Blind announces  the following Public Forum to which all interested individuals are invited.
DATE AND TIME:
October 25,  2012 from  4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
LOCATION:
Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
  100 North Atlantic Avenue
  Daytona Beach, FL  32118
PURPOSE:
  For consumer input on the effectiveness of services provided by the Florida  Division of Blind Services in assisting individuals with visual impairments to  achieve employment and independence under title I of the Rehab Act.
This is an open meeting with no  agenda.
NOTICE OF ACCOMMODATION:
  In accordance with the Americans  with Disabilities Act, persons needing a special accommodation to participate  in these meetings should contact the local DBS office, no later than ten (10)  working days prior to the meeting, at (850) 245-0370 or toll free  (800)-672-7038, or  through the Florida Telephone Relay system 711.
For more information, contact  Phyllis Dill at (850) 245-0392 or Phyllis.dill at dbs.fldoe.org

Lenora J. Marten
Lenora J. Marten

NFB-Florida Secretary