[Nfbf-l] Dog Chat: Maxx the traveling guide dog to Bermuda

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 27 14:48:17 UTC 2012

I hope you all don't mind, but I thought I would post this, it is writing for my blog and for guide dog users while traveling.  Since many of you have guide dogs, thought this would help.
I just posted day 1, so if you want to follow, just subscribe to my blog.
The link to the rest of the post is below.

I hope you enjoy it. I am still finishing it on my blog, so enjoy!

Good morning all Maxx Echevarria here:
Mom said that I can come on and give my latest adventures on our cruise on the Norwegian Star that we went to Bermuda.
I will post some of it here and then all you can follow me on mom's blog to read the rest.
Well once again, my human mom Cheryl and Dad Nelson, and me the best guide dog in the world, as she calls me, I like the sound of that, traveling to an unknown place called Bermuda.
It sounded nice enough, and best of all I got to go on a cruise ship again. I love to cruise, if you my fellow guide dogs friends have yet to go, you are missing out.
We got picked up at the house with our new limo company, whatever that is, a big van came to the house and took all the bags and of course my stuff as well, cannot forget my food and toys and stuff, I made sure of that, even brought my favorite rabbit toy with me.
I jumped in the van, next to Carlos our driver, nice guy, I got a nice pet and scratches behind the ears.
Then we drove off on our new adventure, first we had to pick up our friends, David and Lori, he is also blind, but he has one of those cane thingies, he likes me a lot, says I am one of the most behaved dogs he has met, I am so proud. I like having fun, but work is work and fun is fun, and this adventure was going to be both.
After we got all there stuff in the limo we were know off, finally.
We drove to the Port of NY, almost like our second home, since mom and dad are either cruising here, or we are checking out the cruise ships in port.
We get to the port and walk in, many of the people from Norwegian Cruise Lines remembers me, um Mom and Dad, but they recognized me.
The lady that gave us the tour of the Norwegian Star back in June with our other friends who are blind and disabled was there, her name is Ann, and she said she was so glad that I, um we were there, I keep forgetting about mom and dad.
To continue reading you can go to the blog and read more, I am hoping mom will let me tell my other stories as well one day.
http://wp.me/pYNOy-lx

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Please vote for Echevarria Travel for Best Travel Agency of Long Island 2013, I have made it to the top 10.  You do not have to live on Long Island to vote, you can vote every day until December 12, 2012. Just lick the link and go to vote and search Travel Agent/Agency.Here is the link:  http://vote.longislandpress.com/engine/YourSubmission.aspx?contestid=71122