[Nfbf-l] What are Grits

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Apr 24 01:39:44 UTC 2013

I'm with you Debbie, cream of wheat makes me gag!  Grits with a
little butter and salt are great, or cheese, or in New Mexico I
learned to put red or green chili on them.  It's a part of a balanced
breakfast with eggs, bacon, toast, etc.

When I was little my grandfather, who lived in Virginia but grew up
in South Carolina used to make me salt herring for breakfast.  He had
the idea I liked it and I didn't want to disappoint him so I
ate.  The only way I could get the stuff down was with grits!

Dave