[Nfbf-l] Deaf, blind priest grounded by airline

BROOKE6358 at aol.com BROOKE6358 at aol.com
Thu Aug 22 02:28:55 UTC 2013

This is the same as to why motorists do not 'see' white cnanes,  guide
dogs, wheel chairs, etc.  It is not in their consciousness--it is not  'normal'
to them.  We are not 'seen'.
I read somewhere that over 85% of the population will go through life never
 ever encountering a blind person.
(don't quote me on this number but I think this is near to correct)

This  is why it is so vital to bring awareness through White Cane day,
month, etc.
There are more and more of the blind out in the public square than ever
before. there are more of us getting hurt by motorists too because our
independence is increasing.

The woman who couldn't 'see'/connect the dots was a prime example. Over and
 over i said, 'she is sitting right beside you. It is me that is in that
article/photo'. She could not comprehend, for whatever reason, how a blind p
erson could dance!  I had a partner in the photo, she didn't see him, she
was so stuck on, 'but she's blind, blah blah blah'.

I had somewhat of a 'discussion' today about this post that begins with the
 DB Priest and his trouble with the airlines, etc. And comments were made
by  other person that posts following were not needed--we all have trouble
world  wide we need to get our messages and venues done here, not to be
talking about  'these things'.

Well, I said, these things are vital to all of us and who knows when
someone, who'd just had a horrific encounter of rudeness, etc--just 'happened'
to see one of thses posts and is able to draw some encouragment from it.

Do you agree? Or is the list for analytical information only?   bre