[Nfbf-l] Please help an NFBF Family win a Perkins SMART Brailler

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Sat Aug 31 14:51:08 UTC 2013

http://www.wonderbaby.org/backpacking-smart-brailler-vote

Hello everyone,

Please click on the link above and help out one of our NFBF families. Misty Porter and her son
Alden live in St. Augustine. Alden is in the first grade and would benefit greatly from winning
the Perkins SMART Brailler. This is a promotion that Perkins is doing and Alden is competing
with 5 other families across the United States.

They are currently in 2nd place and could really use our help to reach 1st place and receive this
brailler. Voting is over September 8th and until then you can vote EVERY DAY. Your help is
greatly appreciated!!!

Just a little about Misty and her family - Misty's husband is a stay-at-home Dad dedicating
his time to what needs to be done at home. After working for the North Florida Education
Department as director of the Blind/VI Early Steps program for several years, Misty is now
working with FSDB in St. Augustine. Alden has one brother, and the entire family is dedicated
toward helping him grow to reach independence.

Thanks so much for your support!

Lenora J. Marten, President

Florida Organization of Parents of Blind Children
Secretary, NFB-FL
Florida Rehabilitation Council for the Blind
bluegolfshoes at aol.com
904-229-9554