[Nfbf-l] Deaf, blind priest grounded by airline

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 31 20:16:59 UTC 2013

Dear All,

As a Blind person, I have learned that there are basically only two kinds of
Blind travelers, good ones and poor ones.
The good ones go anywhere and everywhere they want because they have learned
and apply good skills of blindness travel and the poor ones self limit
themselves as they never go anywhere without someone to help them and guide
them.
Both methods work, but the good travelers don't need very much in the way of
assistance other than good information.

Good Orientation and Mobility skills are key to being the most independant
Blind person you can be  There is always some risk in everything.  Just
getting out of bed in the morning has it's risk, but most of us learn how to
handle these risk and are not afraid to venture forth with cane or dog in
hand.
The person who never risk anything never gains anything and therefore allow
that fear to very much limit and define their lives.
Sam Clemens, better know as Mark Twain said that there are three things that
mold and shape us as people.
There are the books we have read, the experiences we have had and the people
we have met.
I believe he was right.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.