[Nfbf-l] URGENT: Congress must act by March 1 to Stop Major Cuts to Disability Services Programs

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 6 18:16:04 UTC 2013

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:02 PM
Subject: URGENT: Congress must act by March 1 to Stop Major Cuts to
Disability Services Programs

Dear Alan,

Once again, people with disabilities are at risk in the ongoing federal
budget debate.  Unless Congress acts by March 1, the majority of federal
programs will be cut by approximately 5% on March 1, further limiting
already strained programs for children and adults with disabilities and
their families.

Across the board cuts are not the solution. For instance, if Congress doesn't
stop the cuts, tens of thousands fewer very young children will receive
early intervention services. Easter Seals knows that we are already missing
about 1 million children a year that need to be identified in the system.
Ignoring the needs of our nation's children significantly limits their
potential for success as adults. It will also have a lasting and negative
impact on the  economy.

While we need to get our nation's fiscal house in order, there is real
danger if we don't do it in a thoughtful, considered and balanced way.
Across the board cuts are not the solution, throwing the good out with the
bad.

Weigh in now - Tell Congress to reduce the deficit without hurting people
with disabilities.
Thank you,

Katy Beh Neas
Senior Vice President, Government Relations

This message was sent to adicey at bellsouth.net because you have supported
Easter Seals or expressed interest in email from us. We respect your privacy
and will not make your email address available to other organizations. If
your Internet provider filters incoming email, please add easterseals.com to
your list of approved senders to ensure you continue to receive email from
Easter Seals. Thank you.
Update your name, email address or other contact information.

Easter Seals and its affiliates are 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
Easter Seals Headquarters, 233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL
60606