[Nfbf-l] Fw: [fcb-l] Bennett: New Blind Services Director a Priority

Carlos J MontasAS carlos.montas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:48:42 UTC 2013

From: fcb-l-bounces at acb.org [mailto:fcb-l-bounces at acb.org] On Behalf Of Easy Talk
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:16 AM
To: fcb-l at acb.org
Subject: [fcb-l] Bennett: New Blind Services Director a Priority

Bennett: New Blind Services Director a Priority
"It's near the top of my priority list."
Those words are from Florida's new Education Commissioner Tony Bennett about hiring
a new BlinGood morning to all for your information.May you all have a wonderful day.Services director.
In his first week on the job, Bennett says he met with interim Blind Services Director
Aleisa McKinlay.
McKinlay is also the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Director.
Both divisions are part of the Department of Education.
Bennett says he's had a short discussion with McKinlay.
"We're very excited about the work we believe she can do," said Bennett. "But again,
we are sensitive to the fact we want to make sure we have all the components in place
to make sure all the divisions of the department run smoothly," he said.
McKinlay was named interim director last month.
She took over for Joyce Hildreth.
Hildreth resigned in the wake of a services contract scandal.
One other DOE employee resigned and two others were fired.