[Nfbf-l] anti-virus

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 15 14:08:04 UTC 2013

Hi Debbie,

I don't know of anyone who has any experience with that particular anti
virus program as to how well it works with JAWS.  I personally don't think
you can go wrong with Microsoft Security Essentials and it is free and quite
accessible.  If you are getting a Windows 8 computer it will come with
Windows Defender which is the new anti virus from Microsoft.  It is what I
use on my Windows 8 laptop and when I ran Windows 7 I used Microsoft
Security Essentials and it did the job for me.  I use the paid version of
Malware Bytes to catch spyware etc and it is also quite accessible with
JAWS.  Having said all that the best protection is common sense.  Be careful
about what kind of sites you visit on the web and be careful about opening
just any e mail attachment.

Take care,
Jim Ellsworth