[Nfbf-l] Director of the Division of Blind Services

Holly hbeanie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:50:47 UTC 2013

*From:* McKinlay, Aleisa
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:49 PM
*To:* #$DBS_ALL_USERS
*Subject:* Sharing Great News!

Hi DBS – I’m writing to share good news!

After a deliberate and thoughtful search, Commissioner Tony Bennett has
named Robert Lee Doyle, III, as the Director of the Division of Blind
Services (DBS) within the Florida Department of Education. He will begin
his position with the division mid-July.

Robert Doyle has served for four years as director of the Division for the
Visually Impaired within the Department of Human Services in Delaware.  He
has 14 years of experience in human services and education and holds a
bachelor’s degree in political studies and a master’s degree in public
administration, both from the University of Illinois. Among other
achievements, he has implemented initiatives that resulted in increased
successful employment outcomes through the VR program and has also worked
to expand food service and vending business opportunities through
Delaware’s Business Enterprise program. Robert places a high priority on
customer service, accountability, and positive relations with consumer
groups and other stakeholders. Having spent some time with him, I can also
share that he actively promotes effective communication and collaboration
among staff, and is very excited about the opportunity to work with all of
you on the many positive initiatives underway in this division.

We are fortunate that Robert Doyle will join the Department of Education as
division director for blind services.  He has a proven track record of
promoting the independence and successful employment of blind and
visually-impaired citizens, and it’s to our mutual benefit that he is
coming to Florida to continue his work in the Sunshine State.

Thanks in advance for your warm welcome of him! I’ll let you know a
date-certain when it’s available, and in the meantime, we’ll keep taking
care of business and helping our customers set and achieve their goals for
academic success, work, or independent living.  Enjoy the rest of your week
- AMcK

*Aleisa C. McKinlay, JD, MA*

*Interim Director, DOE-Division of Blind Services*

  Turlington Bldg, Ste 1114

  325 W. Gaines St

  Tallahassee, FL 32399

  850-245-0356

--
"God gives you 86,400 seconds in a day. Take one to say Thank You."
Walter A. Ward