[Nfbf-l] RAY KURZWEIL ON Radio COAST TO COAST - February 24 2013 - 2 hours 2 parts mp3

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 2 21:53:13 UTC 2013

Dear Friends,
Well-known American inventor and futurist Ray Kurzweil has joined Google. The 65-year-old, whose work includes computer and machine intelligence, neuroscience and virtual reality,  has taken the position as director of engineering! Kurzweil said his work at Google would focus on new projects involving machine learning and language processing.

"I've been interested in technology, and machine learning in particular, for a long time: when I was 14, I designed software that wrote original music, and later went on to invent the first print-to-speech reading machine for the blind, among other inventions. I've always worked to create practical systems that will make a difference in people's lives, which is what excites me as an inventor," he wrote.

"In 1999, I said that in about a decade we would see technologies such as self-driving cars and mobile phones that could answer your questions, and people criticized these predictions as unrealistic. Fast forward a decade -- Google has demonstrated self-driving cars, and people are indeed asking questions of their Android phones. It's easy to shrug our collective shoulders as if these technologies have always been around, but we're really on a remarkable trajectory of quickening innovation, and Google is at the forefront of much of this development," he wrote.

** * Please note:
2 download links, both mp3, not very large, but I did not want to put them in a folder as to save people from having to unzip them!

1st hour You've got a file called RAY KURZWEIL ON COAST TO COAST - February 24 2013 - Hour 1.mp3, (14.1 MB)
You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/00d9fv

Hour 2 You've got a file called RAY KURZWEIL ON COAST TO COAST - February 24 2013 - Hour 2.mp3, (13.9 MB)
You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rcby36

With Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida
Visit the hottest, most happening place around on the web.

Where the blind community will be inspired and entertained!

It's the BlindCafe.net

And it's a great place to learn, laugh, chat and make long lasting friendships with people from around the world.

There is always someone to greet you with a friendly smile night and day. It's totally free! Come and try out our awesome   music, trivia games, tutorials, and interactive chats, and a whole lot more!

It's totally accessible and easy to use.

For more info, please Visit us at www.BlindCafe.net

That's

www.BlindCafe.net

It's the site where our members matter