[Nfbf-l] Getting phone calls about certain concerns with the cruise

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:18:32 UTC 2013

Good morning all:
I just wanted to give you some feed back and some people having concerns with the issues about safety and other things.
First, in the case of Carnivals recent issues.  I am not or never have been a big fan of Carnival Cruise Lines, but I have to sell everything for my clients.  But I have sailed a lot of times.  I have never heard about issues like these with the competitors going on at all.
Meaning fire or stranded etc.  If you look over the last few years, they have either been Carnival Cruise Lines own ships or Costa Cruise Lines (which is owned by Carnival), Costa's story was something else completely and the Captain of that ship has been sued and also have been in jail for it, he is out now but he was in jail for his stupidity that I say.
That being said. It is safer to cruise then I think any other form of transportation to date.  I mean if it wasn't safe, I wouldn't do it or even sell it.
I am sailing again with the NFB of NJ in April to Bermuda. Geez 5 days with Joe Ruffalo, President of NJ. LOL, great guy.
If any of your members need wheelchair accessible rooms, they need to start booking, because with the wave sales and other offers from Norwegian they are going fast. So please, let you members who are going to call me and let me know.
Also, concerns about the kids on the cruise.
Children under the age of 6 month they do not recommend that they sail, in fact they are not allowed.  Reasons being they don't have all there immunizations, and they can get sick or they can make others sick.
6 months and older, called Splash Academy
from 6 months through 2 years - at least one parent must attend, these programs are geared as mommy and me or daddy and me time together.
Then groups are from: 3-5 years 6-9 years10-12 years
All of these services plus more are complimentary
If you would like to read up on all other programs for the kids
WHAT IF MY CHILD IS IN DIAPERS?Although our new age groups begin at three years old, we will still allow two years olds into our program until 12/31/12. However, if your child is in diapers, Norwegian Youth Staff are not able to change diapers or pull-ups; therefore we give you a beeper or handy phone to alert you to do the duty. Beepers and handy phones do not work ashore, so at least one parent will have to stay on board when their children are in our Youth Program.
Please read all information on the link below from times of the programs, to safety issues, to disciplinary guide lines should any child act up, bully another child or vandalize anything, which can lead to suspension from the program and be asked to either not be brought for 24 hours to full suspension from the program all together.
All baby sitting is available for $6 per child per hour, during meal times.
IS THERE ANYTHING OFFERED FOR CHILDREN AFTER 10:30 PM?Yes, Norwegian offers Late Night Fun Zone, a group-sitting, fee-based service for children ages 3-12 years old. Late Night Fun Zone is run by the Youth Staff in the Splash Academy Facility.
Hours of OperationsNightly: 10:30 pm – 1:30 am
Fees$6.00 per child/per hour during supervised port day meal times onlyNoon – 1:00pm and 5:00 – 6:00pm
Parents are encouraged to sign up in advance. If no children are signed up or dropped off by 11:30 pm, the youth center will close for the evening. The Late Night fee is charged to your on-board account. Fifteen minute transition time is offered before charges apply from Splash Academy to Late Night.
The link to the website is here:
      http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-family-fun/kids-crew-and-teen-crew/faq#1

One last note:
If you are having a meeting and would like me to be on the phone or you have questions that your members are asking about. Please e-mail or call me.
It will put some issues corrected, as I said these are questions and concerned from people calling about the cruise.
Many are still thinking about it.
Cheryl Echevarria,PresidentNFB Travel & Tourism Division
Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.