[Nfbf-l] The National Federation of the Blind of Florida State scholarship program

Carlos Montas carlos.montas at gmail.com
Thu May 23 20:22:44 UTC 2013

Good afternoon to my federation family.   i hope that every one is doing well.  unfortunately I will not be at state convention this year. I hope that it goes well.   I would like to bring to every ones attention an issue that I am concerned about.   The scholarship program.  It has been brought to my attention that one of the scholarship winners does not meet  the requirements  of are scholarship program.  According to the application the winner must have a minimum of a 2.70 grade point  average. As a former winner, and member of the scholarship committee,  i am disappointed that one of the winners has a 2.3  grade point average.   Further more, i am disappointed that the committee voted for this individual.  It just so happens that this individual is the son of one of are current State  board members.  I know that the National scholarship committee would not conduct them selves in this manner.  Let me be clear,  this is not personal  if a applicant does not have the grades then he or she should not win a scholarship.   This is about doing things the right way.  the nfb way

Sent from my iPhone