[Nfbf-l] [NFBF-Leaders] RE: Thank you to the NFBF

Marilyn Baldwin commmdb at aol.com
Thu May 30 09:26:02 UTC 2013

Thank you to everyone who planned and attended our State Convention. Congratulations to our new Board members. We are moving forward with involvement from MCC and the Deaf Blind Committee. I hope that open and honest communication will continue to promote diversity, sensitivity, and unity within our organization.

I do believe that we should make purchasing a good sound system for the hearing impaired a priority, so that everyone can listen and communicate fully in all functions of the Convention. As a senior I understand that many older persons will experience hearing loss and this issue should be important to all of us. There are children and young adults living with blindness and hearing loss and they also need access to information and communication.

In terms of the MCC, we look forward to increasing diversity among our State Board in the future. We have many good leaders in the affiliate serving as Board Members, Chapter Presidents, leaders in the Student Division, the Deaf Blind Committee, and other leadership roles.  Let us all work together to grow our membership and increase Educational,Training and Employment opportunities for all blind people. Our goal within our Committee is to promote a greater understanding of the needs of the Minority Community and our affiliate as we all work to improve the lives of all people living with blindness.

Thank you President Hicks and the State Board for your support of the MCC. We look forward to working with you in the months ahead.

Marilyn Baldwin
Chairman
Minority Concerns Committee

Marilyn Baldwin