[Nfbf-l] New update for Jim Ellsworth

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:32:54 UTC 2013

If you want to go to the website to read or respond to this latest update,
please visit
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jime

Hello everyone, It is looking like jim will be coming home tomorrow so long
as his Methotrexate level is 0.1. As of this morning, it was 0.3. Yesterday
morning, he was at 17; which, the doctor said was really good. I was so
happy and surprised that he went from 17 to 0.3 rather quickly. Between the
IV fluids, the Leucovorin and the flavoring for his bottled waters, it is
helping to flush the Methotrexate out of his system. Speaking of the
flavoring, Jennifer brought him some liquid Kool-Aid flavoring for the
water. It did help in getting him to drink his water. He really likes the
orange crush flavor. So, thank you Jennifer and thank you kraft. LOL He has
been very homesick; and he said, he will be very upset if something comes up
and he can't go home tomorrow. So, let's all say a big prayer for Jim
tonight that his levels will be what it needs to be; and, everything will go
smoothly so he can be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. We have three
weeks before the next hospital stay; and I pray with all my might that we do
not have a repeat of the previous time after he came home from Part A. I am
hopeful that now that he's on stomach and esophageal meds, this will help to
ward off the acid problems. Also, we will be armed with Magic mouthwash as
well as a mouth spray that was suggested by someone on the Mantle Cell
lymphoma Facebook group that I and my family are members of. Also, he will
receive the Neulasta injection for stimulating white cell production, this
go around instead of Neupogen. It is more powerful and will not require him
to have to get a daily shot unlike the neupogen. I am feeling pretty tired
this evening. We've had a very productive day. Going to get ready for bed
now. I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. Kim

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com